Speech-Language Pathologist (sometimes called Speech Therapist) assess, diagnose and treat communication disorder such as language, voice, speech and feeding and swallowing disorders in patients.
Speech-Language Pathologists can help with:
- Speech delays/ disorders including phonology, articulation (pronunciation) and motor speech.
- Language delays/ disorders including expression and comprehension in oral and written contexts.
- Voice and resonance disorders
- Fluency disorders including stuttering, swallowing, eating and feeding disorders
- Cognitive-communicative disorders including social communication skills, problem solving, reasoning and executive functions.
- Communication and swallowing disorders related to other issues including hearing impairments, dementia, developmental , intellectual or genetic disorders, hearing impairments, traumatic brain injury and neurological impairments.
- Cognitive-communicative disorders including social communication skills problem solving pre-literacy and literacy skills including phonological awareness, decoding, reading comprehension and writing.
Find a speech-language pathologist near you.
Our Speech-language pathology Services:
At Amazing Kids Clinic all of our therapists use the latest science based technology and best practices that are specific to each client’s need. Combining play based interventions to therapy in order to enhance the engagement of the clients, working with other professionals from our multidisciplinary team, if necessary in order to bring forth the best result for the client, with the overall well being of a person as a whole in mind.
The speech-language pathology programs:
- Multidisciplinary assessment
- Reading intervention programs for kids with dyslexia using latest scientific technology
- Early language intervention programs for parents and children
- Learn to read group for children between the ages of 4-6 yrs old.
- Social skills group
- Individual or group speech/phonology therapy
- Children language intervention on one-on-one or group session
Therapy services such as speech- language pathology, are not covered
by public health insurance ( OHIP), however your extended health insurance benefits may cover such expense. You are required to check with your insurance provider for details. You may also apply to “100 kids per year” initiative to be accepted for funding through Amazing Kids Foundation. Click here to download the application.
How to book an appointment:
Please email email@example.com or call 647-984-4865 to book an appointment with Amazing kids clinic.