Pediatric Physiotherapy is designed to help patients identify health problems at their early stages and diagnose, treat and manage infants and children with a variety of congenital, developmental, neuromuscular, skeletal, or acquired disorders or diseases.
At Amazing Kids Clinic, our Physiotherapist treatments can help children with developmental delays, difficulties with Gross or Fine motor skills, Loss of balance, Poor Coordination, Weakness, Lack of Stamina, Developmental Delays, Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, or Torticollis.
Examples of these difficulties are:
- If you notice any deformation of your child’s head.
- If you notice that he/she pushes his head back, holds himself in a ‘C’ shape or that of a banana.
- If you notice that he/she rarely moves or moves one leg or arm more often than the other.
- If you are concerned about your child’s development or his/her posture.
- If you notice that he/she seems limp and slips from your hands while being held by the armpits.
- If you notice his/her posture is asymmetrical in one or more positions.
- If you notice that the child always holds his/her fists closed after 4 months or one fist more than the other.
- If you notice that he/she seems to have stiff legs or arms (difficult to wash or dress the child.)
- If you notice, the child sits in a « W » position.
- If you notice the child stands on his/her tiptoes while he is being held standing.
- If you notice that he/she drags one foot while walking.
- If you notice the child falls often even though he has been walking several months.
- If you notice that the child has fallen arches, or poor alignment of the lower limbs.
- Difficulty holding up his/her head at 3 months.
- Does not roll over at 7 months.
- He/she keeps his back hunched when sitting on the floor with his legs in front of him at 8 months.
- Does not crawl at 8 months.
- Does not crawl on all fours at 10 months.
- Does not walk at 15 months.
- Does not jump at 2 years of age.
- Does not alternate on stairs at 4 years of age.
Find a Physiotherapist near you…
Our Physiotherapy services:
During the first visit, the physiotherapist at Amazing Kids Clinic will conduct a subjective evaluation to get informal about the child’s needs and the parent’s expectations. Questions in areas such as birth history, development history and difficulties encountered will be addressed.
Following this, the Physiotherapist will begin the objective evaluation, observing and evaluating the child during their motor exercises which include maintaining positions, displacements, balance reactions, quality of movements, etc. Then the physiotherapist will evaluate muscle tone, posture, muscle strength and flexibility of the child.
The meeting will end with an explanation of the results given to the parents, determining the objectives of therapy and the number of treatments needed for the best results. There will be recommendations to start exercises and light activities at home.
We often combine other therapies to bring out the best results in children. These therapies include Occupation and Speech therapy. Come in for an assessment and have our physiotherapist evaluate and create an individualized program to address your child’s most important needs.
Therapy services such as Physiotherapy are not covered by public health insurance ( OHIP), however your extended health insurance benefits may cover the expenses. You are required to check with your insurance provider for details. You may also apply to ” 100 Kids Per Year” initiative to be accepted for funding through Amazing Kids Foundation.
How to book an appointment:
Please email email@example.com or call 647-984-4865 to book an appointment with Amazing kids clinic.