What is Interactive Metronome®?
Interactive Metronome® ( IM) is a program based on neurological assessment and training to improve the processing abilities that affect motor planning and sequencing. Neurosensory and neuromotor exercises are developed to improve the brain’s ability to repair or remodel itself in the process called neuroplasticity.
What condition can benefit from IM?
- Sensory Integration Disorder
- Autism Syndrome
- Asperger’s Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Apraxia/ Dyspraxia
- Dyslexia and Other Reading Disorders
- Language Deficits ( e.g. poor verbal expression, motor and sequencing aspects of language )
- Poor Attention and Memory
- Motor Coordination Difficulties
- Balance & Gait Disorders
- Poor Organizational Skills
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Tumor ( following surgery or chemotherapy)
- Non-verbal learning disorder.
What are the Benefits?
Participants ( children and Adult with physical and cognitive difficulties ) will learn to :
- Focus and attend for longer periods of time
- Increase physical endurance and stamina
- Filter out internal and external distractions
- Improve ability to monitor mental and physical actions
- Progressively improve performance
- Attention and Concentration
- Motor Control and Coordination
- Cognitive Processing
- Reading and Math Fluency
- Control of Aggression or Impulsivity
How long does it take?
It’s a 15 session program with 30 minute to 1 hour per session over a period of 5-8 weeks, ( shorter time period is expected ) longer for those with severe conditions, for a minimum of two times a week.
For additional Information about Interactive Metronome® Program. To register please contact Amazing Kids Clinic @ 1-800-974-4069 / 647-984-4865